History of Bloomsburg

Bloomsburg, town, seat (1846) of Columbia county, east-central Pennsylvania, U.S., on the Susquehanna River and Fishing Creek, 40 miles (64 km) southwest of wilkes-barre.. susquehannock (susquehanna) peoples inhabited the area when settlers began arriving in the mid-18th century. The settlement was laid out in 1802 by Ludwig Eyer and was originally known as Eyersburg and Eyertown.

BLOOMSBURG – The Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble wants to celebrate. and Laurie McCants is a founding ensemble member. The pair chatted about the history of BTE and why it continues to enthrall.

High Schools in Shamokin At shamokin area middle/high School, we have amazing teachers who spend hours planning and creating classroom activities to engage our students in learning. We believe that all students should graduate from Shamokin Area prepared for the demands of postsecondary education, meaningful careers and effective citizenship.

A History of the Campus and Master Planning at Bloomsburg University: The Campus of the bloomsburg state normal School in 1869. Institute Hall (now Carver Hall) is on the left and the original dormitory on the right.

The Original Dormitory. The current campus of Bloomsburg University dates back to the purchase of three acres of land in June 1866. Within a month, construction began on what would be the first building of the bloomsburg literary institute, Institute Hall, dedicated on April 3 and 4, 1867.

History. Bloomsburg still uses the slogan of "The only incorporated TOWN in Pennsylvania", and state government publications continue to describe Bloomsburg as "the only incorporated town" in Pennsylvania. However, in 1975, McCandless Township in Allegheny County adopted a home rule charter under the name "Town of McCandless".

A history of Columbia County and Bloomsburg would not be complete without highlighting one of its largest attractions, the Bloomsburg Fair. From its inception in 1855 until 1860, the fair was strictly an agricultural exhibition, initially located at the lower end of Second Street in Bloomsburg (Burris 1979).

History. It was established as Bloomsburg Academy in 1839. In 1856 it was renamed Bloomsburg Literary Institute. The name became Bloomsburg Literary Institute and State Normal School in 1869. In 1916 the state of Pennsylvania took control and named it Bloomsburg state normal school. The name was changed to Bloomsburg State Teachers College in 1927.

Moving to State College Wisconsin State College of Milwaukee was a predecessor institution of the University of. and Wisconsin State College-Milwaukee in 1951. Originally at a downtown site, the Normal School subsequently moved to the Lakeside campus.Soccer in Oil City Oil City Soccer Academy June 1, 2018 Management of Oil City SC has outrightly released our three (3) key players to Medeama SC after their impressive performance last week Sunday 27th June 2018 MTN FA Cup round of 64 match, against Medeama.

History. It was originally held as an agricultural exhibition located on the lower end of Second Street, which is now Main Street. Since then it has grown to be the largest fair in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The Bloomsburg Fair was started by Caleb Barton in 1854. The 156th bloomsburg fair was held from September 25 to October 2, 2010.

Posted in: PA